Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fun with Animals

Coming to college can be so difficult for those of us who leave pets behind at home. For people like me who have grown up with animals in their home, life in the residence halls definitely feels as though something is missing. Unfortunately, fish are the only types of pets that are permitted when living on campus.

_DSC0060

After three years of feeling that something was missing in my life, I finally decided to do something about it. Since January I have been volunteering at the City of Bloomington Animal Shelter photographing the animals.

_DSC0048

While they have multiple positions available for volunteers, every volunteer starts out as a dog walker or cat volunteer. Dog walkers take dogs out of their kennels and play with them, and cat volunteers work in the mornings pampering the cats and cleaning the cat colonies.

_DSC0087

I HIGHLY encourage you to volunteer at the City of Bloomington Animal Shelter if you are worried you'll be missing your furry friends. I know it made all the difference for me!

506598 Dionysus (2)

2 comments: