Thursday, February 24, 2011

An Evening at the Auditorium

One of my favorite places on campus is and always has been the IU Auditorium. Imposing both inside and out, you can't help but to feel like royalty when you step onto its marbled floors or rest into one of its red cushion chairs. Everything about the place seems to scream luxury and grandeur, and that's just the building.

_DSC0009

Last night I went to see the hit Broadway musical, Spring Awakening. I had heard of it in passing and thought it might be decent, so I spent the $20 for a balcony seat. Yes, for IU students it is outrageously cheap to go and see shows at the auditorium! Over the years I've seen a number of musicals and performances including Avenue Q and Beauty and the Beast! This coming Friday, I even have a front row seat to Kodo, a performance of Japanese drums. I'm so excited!

_DSC0028

In any case, the Auditorium was PACKED. People were everywhere purchasing merchandise, talking to friends, buying last minute tickets and getting excited for the show. A few people were even attending the show for free, courtesy of Residential Programs and Services. For nearly every show, the office holds a contest for residence hall residents where the winners receive free tickets.

_DSC0027

Although it was strange to be seeing the musical by myself, I still felt right at home. The show was not quite what I expected, but it was riveting and the musical performances were spectacular! I highly recommend it for audiences 18 and older.

_DSC0030

No comments:

Post a Comment