Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bloomington Dining Guide

This week, Brian came back to Bloomington to visit me again. This time, we only had a few days and I wanted to show him the best that B-Town had to offer including food! I sat down a week beforehand to try and decide which restaurants were a good representation of the town as a whole, and in the end we wound up having a delicious few days! Here is a list of the restaurants we went to, what we had, and why we loved it!

Casa Brava
My favorite Mexican restaurant in Bloomington (or anywhere!), Casa Brava offers a large menu selection and a friendly and fun atmosphere. I've been going to this restaurant for years, and I have never had a dish I didn't like! The wait staff is very friendly, and often the food is out onto the table within 10 minutes! This visit, I had a beef quesadilla and Brian had a shrimp and rice dish, both of which were delicious! This restaurant is a MUST for people who want great food, fast.

_DSC0081

Ami Japanese Restaurant
After Indiana was hit with a very ferocious ice storm, Brian and I decided to walk to Mother Bear's Pizza to get some dinner. Unfortunately, we walked a half hour on the ice to find that it was closed! On the bright side, Ami Japanese Restaurant was open, so we decided to try some Japanese cuisine. I have to confess, I have had a lot of Japanese food and Ami stands up to the challenge. Everything we had, from sushi to miso soup to udon to teriyaki was fantastic. I highly, highly recommend a stop to Ami next time you want something delicious!

Mother Bear's Pizza
This delicious pizza restaurant has always been a favorite of mine, and for a good reason. Voted "Best Pizza in Bloomington" since 2005, it is the best type of "pie" that I have ever had! My favorite order is sausage and mushroom pizza, but I've been told that their vegetarian pizza is delicious. Not only that, but the restaurant atmosphere is wonderful! It's warm, homey and very relaxed. I highly recommend it!

Perry-20110202-00295

Home Sweet Home
It's great to go out to eat, but sometimes the best food is the kind you make at home with friends! Brian and I spent an hour at home making heart-shaped pancakes, and we had a fantastic time spending time together!

_DSC0082

No comments:

Post a Comment